Friday, December 20, 2013

*Artist Trading Cards*

Heya everyone! So, since Thanksgiving a couple friends and I (ok if you have read any post before this you more than likely know it's Ashley and Beth lol) Have been doing Artist Trading Cards. Beth is in this group and has some of the coolest trading cards so I was like what are the past themes and me and Ashley will make some up and send them to you too. Both gals love the idea.

If you are not familiar with Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). They are miniature works of art created on 2 ½ X 3 ½ inch or 64 X 89 mm card stock (I personally use recycled cardstock or cardboard the thin stuff that food comes in). They are
mailed, swapped, traded or given away for free by the artist. There are groups that do themed ones like Beth is in they meet once a month and swap then learn next months theme raise and repeat. Some artist make some just to get their info out there in the community. It's amazing thing to do i have always wanted to do them but never knew what to do on them the theme groups are a good way to get the creative juices flowing

So here are some I have made... these are mine i made and kept for my self...
"Buttons and Bows"
I didn't take it out of the protective card holder bc it was
annoying to get it in there in the first place lol This one isnt anything
to fancy just a song lyric with the word bows in it I do enjoy
the song it's "An American Girl" By Trisha Yearwood
By me lyzz J 12/3/2013  3 of 3

"at the beach"
This one I love I made paper boats out of newspaper. They are super small and super CUTE! This boat was the funniest to me so this is the one I kept for myself. I love drawing these like play on octopus tentacles. These I drew one computer paper and glue multiple layers together and then used pop dots to pop them up.
by me lyzz J 12/4/2013  4 of 5


"at the beach"
This one I love I made paper boats out of newspaper. They are super small and super CUTE! This boat was the funniest to me so this is the one I kept for myself. I love drawing these like play on octopus tentacles. These I drew one computer paper and glue multiple layers together and then used pop dots to pop them up. Here's a lower side view to see the tentacles popped up.
by me lyzz J 12/4/2013  4 of 5

"Favorite Technique or design element"
My favorite is Sharpies on computer paper
by me lyzz J 12/6/2013  1 of 5

"Favorite Song"
My is "turning Japanese" by the Vapors
by me lyzz J 12/7/2013   5 of 5

"favorite movie or movie quote"
one of my favorite movies is "The Princess Bride"
by me lyzz J 12/7/2013  4 of 4
"Monochromatic"
I used grey this was actually made right on a grey mat board like you would mat a photo with
then I just used a pencil and a grey sharpie and for dark effects I went over a few times <3!
I really enjoy drawing anatomical hearts.
by me lyzz J 12/7/2013  3 of 4

This is the back of the one above
I let the sharpie bleed in the sides of the mat board
"Monochromatic"
I used grey this was actually made right on a grey mat board like you would mat a photo with
then I just used a pencil and a grey sharpie and for dark effects I went over a few times <3!
I really enjoy drawing anatomical hearts.
by me lyzz J 12/7/2013  4 of 4

"Things I love"
This was kinda a funny one bc there was a lot of P's and i didn't realize it til boyfriend pointed it out I have the Patterns down, the peacock duck tape and the Pirate hat with the Pink background. I was trying to think of something else when I showed him and he was like OMG look it's all P's and he's like you have a weird obsession with Pineapples (which I do) you should do that so I did that on a Purple background. So this one was really funny after the fact.    :)
by me lyzz J 12/6-7/2013  1 of 5

I hope every has a great holiday and thank you for stopping by, if you have any questions or tips let me know either in the comments box or email me and don't for get to like me on Facebook,
Have a great day <3 lyzz!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete